Pay attention to the links you click on.
Example of a real site: www.PI-Speaker.com
Example of fake site: www.PI~Speaker.com
See the difference?
In other words, if you are provided a link directly by a trusted source then you are in good hands.
If you are provided a link that is not directly provided by a trusted source then watch out!
The idiots of the world, namely the crooks and trouble makers, will continue to find ways to beat the systems that are set up to protect consumers. Though, there are ways to control some of what the crooks get.
1. Never give out your social security number. Use your drivers license number in it's place.
2. Always shred paperwork and envelops that have personal information on them.
3. Change your passwords often and make sure they are nice and secure.
4. Screen anybody that you do not know that may enter your home including contractors.
5. Keep your valuables including your passwords in a safe or safe place.
6. Invest in a Identity Theft Monitoring System, ie: All Clear, Experian, or Lifelock.
For more information please visit my website at www.PI-Speaker.com. This is a safe link. ;-)
Learn all about the identity underworld through my presentation The Wake-Up Call: Identity Theft. See my website for details.
If you read my blog please like my Facebook Page. Thank you for your support!
Monday, September 11, 2017
Have you received a telephone call advising that you are having problems with your computer? But, how would the person on the other end of the phone know this unless they had access to your computer? And, why would they claim this on a cold call to a person who doesn't even own a computer?
Rahku Tech, LLC is a company "based" out of Walnut, California, so they say. Their website address is www.rahku.com and they are listed with the Better Business Bureau. They advertise as an internet software company that "cleans" computers that may have viruses, slow speeds, and even printer issues. They have an outstanding satisfaction guarantee as noted on the refund policy page, http://www.rahku.com/refund_policy.html. I have also attached a copy of the page below.
Rahku Tech, LLC is currently under investigation for their business tactics and potential fraud. If you come into contact with this business please let us know.